The great thing about the kids being so young is that they’ve got zero idea how school actually works. For example, The Kid believes sending him to school in the summer is actually an option. He also believes that school is open on his day’s off.
“KEEP PISSING ME OFF AND I’LL SEND YOU TO SCHOOL TODAY!” He thinks that’s a possibility.
The 4-year-old believes her school is open at all times of day and night. If she’s acting out, I threaten to drop her off and not pick her up until dinner time.
I realize it’s probably an awful idea to use school as a threat or punishment but, well, school does suck and if it gets the both of them to stop pouring maple syrup on themselves in the middle of IHOP, so fucking be it.
View this post on Instagram
The Kid was really upset this morning, which seemed odd because it's the last day of school and he HATES school. "I'm going to miss all my friends." He'll recover. His sister on the other hand, as you can see in the second photo, IS PUMPED to start summer break. #notes #love #happy #school #lol #noschool #lastdayofschool #summer
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Best Parenting Websites & Blogs Every Mom And Dad Should Read
- Amazing! 75 Best Life Quotes To Share With Your Kids
- Best Men’s Websites Every Dad Should Read
- Best Websites To Buy Kids Toys Now That Toys R’ Us Is Gone
- Dad Websites Every Man Should Read At Least Once A Week
- Single Parent Resources: The Best Websites For Solo Mothers & Fathers
JUST FOR PARENTS