“Bruce is very smart. He wanted a family, he wanted a relationship, and he worked really, really, really hard at it — as hard as he works at his music.” – Patti Scialfa
Bruce Springsteen and his lyrics have had a profound effect on my life.
His music has been the backdrop in the good times and anthems through the bad.
There’s something liberating about putting down all the windows in the car, turning the radio up to an ear-piercing decibel and cranking out a Springsteen classic.
Of course, I’m biased. I’m sure the same could be said of any artist if you’re a fan though I’m not sure cruising to Norah Jones tunes gives the same intense feeling.
I could be wrong but I’ll never try it and find out.
Bruce Springsteen songs, specifically the Springsteen lyrics, are incredibly inspiring. Every every line and word feels as though Bruce is specifically talking about the life of the listener. “Hey, that’s me! That happened to me!”
Obviously, the situations in Bruce Springsteen songs are shared (for example, we’ve all been up in Candy’s room even if the girl’s name wasn’t Candy) and the lyrics feel just as personal on the last listen, the same way they did on the first listen all those years ago.
For a little bit of inspiration, motivation and just because I’m a fan, here are some of my favorite Bruce Springsteen songs and the lyrics that make for damn inspirational quotes. If I missed a personal favorite, leave it in the comments section.
Motivational Bruce Springsteen Songs & Lyrics
MORE ABOUT BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN LYRICS
- Bruce Springsteen – Like a Killer in the Sun: Selected Lyrics 1972-2017
- Springsteen: Album By Album
- Bruce Springsteen’s 63 Finest Lyrics on his 63rd Birthday
WATCH: Bruce Springsteen Tribute To David Bowie
MORE BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN LYRICS THAT WILL MOVE YOUR SOUL
- “Someday we’ll look back on this and it will all seem funny.”
- “It ain’t no sin to be glad you’re alive.”
- “God have mercy on the man who doubts what he’s sure of.”
- “Well I was stranded in the jungle, trying to take in all the heat they was giving. The night is dark but the sidewalk’s bright and lined with the light of the living.”
- “Man there’s an opera out on the turnpike. There’s a ballet being fought out in the alley.”
- “Maybe you got a kid maybe you got a pretty wife, the only thing that I got’s been botherin’ me my whole life.”
- “The sun rise up, I climb the ladder. The new day breaks and I’m working on a dream.”
- “I haven’t always been strong, but never felt so weak. All of my prayers, gone for nothing. I’ve been without love, but never forsaken.”
- “Yeah so tell me someone now, what’s the price. I wanna buy some time and maybe live my life.”
- “I packed my bags and I’m heading straight into the storm. Gonna be a twister to blow everything down.”
- “We wouldn’t change this thing even if we could somehow. Cause the darkness of this house has got the best of us.”
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Best Parenting Websites & Blogs Every Mom And Dad Should Read
- Amazing! 75 Best Life Quotes To Share With Your Kids
- Best Men’s Websites Every Dad Should Read
- Best Websites To Buy Kids Toys Now That Toys R’ Us Is Gone
- Dad Websites Every Man Should Read At Least Once A Week
- Single Parent Resources: The Best Websites For Solo Mothers & Fathers
Did you love this article? Subscribe via EMAIL and never miss another one again!