Most Popular Baby Names 2018
Need a baby name? Looking for original or popular baby names for the baby boy or baby girl due any minute?
Here’s a comprehensive list of the top names for 2018 including
- the most popular baby names
- the trendiest baby names
- the baby names slowly fading away and
- the boys and girls names making a strong comeback.
Popular Baby Names 2018
In May 2018, the Social Security Administration (SSA) released its annual list of the most popular baby names in the United States for the previous calendar year. The most popular names from 2017 were Emma and Liam.
This is the fourth straight year that Emma topped the list.
Most Popular Boy’s Names:
Most Popular Girl’s Names:
Trending Baby Names 2018
The website Nameberry tracks the number of views each baby name receives on their website. Unlike the SSA list above, this list measures “interest” in names.
Most Viewed Baby Girl Names
Most Viewed Baby Boy Names
More Baby Name Ideas
- Baby names based on the show Game of Thrones are incredibly popular in the UK.
- The most popular baby names that show up in the top ten in both the United States and the UK are — Oliver, James, and Noah for boys and Olivia, Ava, Mia, Amelia, and Isabella for baby girl names.
- Baby names that were popular in the 1990s are also making a comeback. A few of the nineties names that are increasing in popularity are Daniel, Emma, Samuel, Luke, and Hannah.
- And let’s not forget the Star Wars-inspired baby names making a comeback.
- Even Instagram filters are a baby name option now.
Baby Name Idea Websites
- BabyCenter.com’s Name Inspiration Database
- Mother.ly comprehensive list of 100 unusual and surprising names for kids
- The handy baby name finder created by Parents.com
- Nameberry.com is a massive resource for all things baby-naming
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Best Parenting Websites & Blogs Every Mom And Dad Should Read
- Amazing! 75 Best Life Quotes To Share With Your Kids
- Best Men’s Websites Every Dad Should Read
- Best Websites To Buy Kids Toys Now That Toys R’ Us Is Gone
- Dad Websites Every Man Should Read At Least Once A Week
- Single Parent Resources: The Best Websites For Solo Mothers & Fathers