Kids talk when you’re not listening.
Sometimes they talk about people they know, people they’ve created, or play pretend using real-life situations.
My 5-year-old daughter didn’t think I was listening…or maybe she didn’t care.
Dora asked “what was your favorite part of today’s adventure?” and that’s when she uttered this response ever so softly.
“I don’t have to tell you nuthin.'”
Yeah, mind your own business, backpack bitch.
It made me think about all the other things the kids say out loud when I’m not within earshot.
Do your kids talk when you’re not listening? What do you think they’re saying?
Besides backtalking cartoon characters, of course.
More Funny Parenting Advice Every Mom & Dad Needs
- Parenting Tip #367 – Helpful Advice For Single Dads
- Parenting Tip #366 – Maybe Kids Are Smarter Than Parents
- Parenting Tip #365 – Kids Under 10 Eat Crap
- Parenting Tip #363 – Keep A Strict Dress Code
View this post on Instagram
She didn't think I was listening or maybe she didn't care. . . . Dora asked "what was your favorite part of today's adventure?" and that's when she uttered this response ever so softly. . . . Yeah, mind your own business, backpack bitch. . . . #dads #dadlife #dadsofinstagram #dadstuff #funny #kids #lifewithkids #parenting101 #truth #parenting #parentingtips #parentinglife #parentingdoneright #parentingwin #fatherhood #parentingproblems #handwriting #notes #messagewithabottle #divorceddad #singleparent #nickjr
Articles I’ve Written That You Should Read Next
- How To Start Your Own Parenting YouTube Channel Right Now
- Check out my series on how to become a better writer
- The 2019 emoji options will be wildly diverse and inclusive
- Dwayne Johnson fantasizes about riding whale sharks like a ‘brown Aquaman’ on Instagram
JUST FOR PARENTS