What’s one of the fastest rising baby names in the galaxy?
Not sure, but, this name is a popular new baby name thanks to Star Wars fans.
Nope, it’s not Luke, Leia or Han — and it’s definitely not Jar Jar — but one of the fastest rising baby names is from the Star Wars universe.
According to U.S. Social Security Administration, Anakin is now in the top 1,000 baby names in America. Last year, the moniker was the 957th most popular among boys in the States and 218 newborns were given this name. This number of newborns puts Anakin on par with other monikers such as Emmet, Baylor and Truman.
Pamela Redmond Satran, of Nameberry, told Yahoo Parenting: “I think it’s the influence of other fantasy properties, like ‘Game of Thrones’ and ‘Hunger Games.’ Those two dramatizations also have outsized heroes and a devoted fan base, and they’ve broken through a barrier in terms of parents using names that were invented specifically for a movie or book.”
Because it’s all about a commitment to fandom and not, you know, naming a fucking a baby.
[via Huffington Post]
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Best Parenting Websites & Blogs Every Mom And Dad Should Read
- Amazing! 75 Best Life Quotes To Share With Your Kids
- Best Men’s Websites Every Dad Should Read
- Best Websites To Buy Kids Toys Now That Toys R’ Us Is Gone
- Dad Websites Every Man Should Read At Least Once A Week
- Single Parent Resources: The Best Websites For Solo Mothers & Fathers
JUST FOR PARENTS